Find answers to your questions & learn how to get the most out of your system.
Will be rolling out throughout July.
Now that lockdown is done and business is back how are you doing? I've had mixed responses from customers I have spoken to, a surge in bookings in some areas and trickle in for others, what's your experience been so far?
At SAM we used the lockdown to focus on our continuous improvement initiatives. You will have noticed in your inbox the traffic light rating requests following your support requests and our annual Net Promoter Score (NPS) email. This feedback helps us to narrow down where we need to be improving and how we can address this, like the Knowledge Base, our new online user guide library.
Support isn't the only area working hard, our development team has been knuckling down on some big changes. The first few Orion customers now using our web-based time-clocking and job-cards.
That's all we can say for now, keep an eye out in future SAM News editions for updates on SAM web-based products.P.S. Those of you with a keen eye might spot a hidden sneak preview of our online system somewhere in this article!
As Raj mentioned, we’re curating an online knowledge base to help you find answers to your questions and learn how to get the most out of your system. We already have an extensive library of topics in the knowledge base and it will continue to grow rapidly over the coming weeks. These articles may contain step by step instructions, or video tutorials that can help you and your team grow your capabilities with the SAM, Orion and Synergy systems.
We’ll be adding links to the knowledge base from within our various programs in upcoming software updates, but in the meantime you can check out the knowledge base by going to:
Phone Menu Changes
Just giving you the heads-up, that the options when calling our main 09 583 2455 number have recently changed. The new options are:
1. For SAM Support (SAM/Orion Helpdesk)
2. For expiry codes, stationery orders and accounts
Orion 4.002 Update - Available July
We're planning to roll-out the Orion 4.002 update throughout July; full release notes will be available alongside the update, but some notable changes are:
- Improved security, reliability and performance when sending SMS messages by way of a new SMS API method to replace the old email method.
- Increased performance of various searches and report generation.
- Improvements to the Parts order approval system; allowing User limits, ability to set up a hierarchy of approval limits, audit logging added to the Order and the staff that can approve can be selected.
- Added order approvals to Workshop.
Meet the Team
You may have heard some new voices on the helpdesk recently; we’d like to introduce you to our new service desk consultants Teryn Vissers and Sheron Prakash by throwing them in the hot-seat with 10 rapid-fire questions...
- Job Title
Teryn: SAM Support Centre Consultant
Sheron: Software Consultant
- Favourite car?
Teryn: Aston Martin sleek (specifically James Bond’s in Spectre)
Sheron: Hennessey Venom F5
- What was your favourite band 10 years ago?
Teryn: Red Hot Chili Peppers
- What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
Teryn: Listening to News Talk ZB
Sheron: Exploring new technology
- What are three things still left on your bucket list?
Teryn: Travel to Venezuela and India, and retire my Mum
Sheron: Travel, own a bar/restaurant, learn a new language
- What’s your favourite family tradition?
Teryn: Going to the Coromandel each Christmas/New Year holiday time
Sheron: Celebrating Diwali festival together and put up lots of lights
- If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you choose?
Teryn: Joanna Lumley
Sheron: Queen Elizabeth
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Teryn: Emilia Clarke
Sheron: Dwayne Johnson
- What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Teryn: Yoga then coffee with friends
Sheron: Catching up on Netflix/prime
Well, that's all from us this time around. We're looking forward to bringing you news and updates in a new format in the coming months, almost as much as we're looking forward to bringing the new web-based systems.
The SAM Team.